Each day, we commit ourselves to practicing the words of our mission in how we care for our patients:
- As healthcare providers, we continue the good works and maintain the values and traditions of the thousands of people who have gone before us.
- We model our lives and our work after Jesus Christ, a caring teacher and a gentle healer.
- In whatever the case may be – whether nursing a patient back to health or caring for them through the dying process – our system carries on His healing and teaching ministries.
- Throughout Franciscan Alliance, our physicians and all employees embrace and carry out our mission in every day's work.
- Each day, throughout the halls of our hospitals, we embrace our Franciscan Tradition by walking in the footsteps of St. Francis, who left behind his worldly possessions to care for all of those in need
Our physicians and employees follow the values established by our founding congregation, the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration.
Respect for life
The gift of life is so valued that each person is cared for with such joy, respect, dignity, fairness and compassion that he or she is consciously aware of being loved.
Fidelity to our mission
Loyalty to and pride in the health care facility are exemplified by members of the health care family through their joy and respect in empathetically ministering to patients, visitors and co-workers.
In openness and concern for the welfare of the patients, especially the aged, the poor and the disabled, the staff works with select associations and organizations to provide a continuum of care commensurate with the individual's needs.
The witness of Franciscan presence throughout the institution encompasses, but is not limited to, joyful availability, compassionate, respectful care and dynamic stewardship in the service of the Church.
Christian stewardship is evidenced by just and fair allocation of human, spiritual, physical and financial resources in a manner respectful of the individual, responsive to the needs of society, and consistent with Church teachings.