Awards and Honors
- Dr. Barksdale is an experienced cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon at Franciscan Health and a partner of Cardiac Surgery Associates.
- During his career, he has performed more than 2,000 combined elective and emergency procedures.
- He is a former recipient of the National Institutes of Health/National Research Service Award and has been published in several peer-reviewed research publications.
- Recognized as Top Doctors from 2014-2019 by Indianapolis Monthly for thoracic & cardiac surgery.
Dr. Barksdale specializes in performing adult cardiac operations, minimally invasive lung surgery and a variety of peripheral vascular procedures. His special surgical interests include the following:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Coronary Artery Reoperation
- Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery
- Atrial Fibrillation Surgery
- Repair of Atrial Septal Defects
- Surgery for Infective Endocarditis
- Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS)
- da Vinci Robotic Surgery
- ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation)
- High Risk Reoperation Surgery
- Lung Cancer Surgery
- Pericardial Window
- Thymus Gland Surgery
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Dialysis Access
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Management of Complex Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Disease
- Emergent Repair of Ruptured Abdominal Aneurysms
- Iliac Aneurysm
- Management of Peripheral Arterial and Vascular Disease