Awards and Honors
Dr. Robert Malinzak is a fellowship-trained, board-certified, orthopedic/joint replacement surgeon. He has a special interest in joint replacement of the shoulder, hip and knee as well as rapidly returning his patients to an active lifestyle. In addition, sports medicine injuries such as ACL tears of the knee and rotator cuff pathology of the shoulder are disorders Dr. Malinzak has a keen interest in treating.
His experience includes:
- Team physician for Duke University and North Carolina Central University athletes
- Consultant for the United States National Soccer Teams.
- Caring for United States soldiers and their families while he was at Fort Bragg in Fayetteville, N.C.
He has authored and co-authored research articles on joint replacement and sports medicine topics that have been published in national journals and presented at national meetings. Dr. Malinzak is the lead author on the acclaimed Orthopaedic Board Review textbook entitled First Aid for the Orthopaedic Boards.
Dr. Malinzak and his partners perform more than 2,500 knee, hip and shoulder replacements each year. Their work at the Center for Hip & Knee Surgery has been ranked number one in Indiana for joint replacement surgery five years in a row (2007-2011) by Healthgrades, the leading independent health ratings organization.
They have received numerous honors including membership in The Knee Society, The Hip Society, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons and Board of Directors and Program Committee positions in these organizations. The practice has published more than 400 articles related to the hip and knee in medical journals.
Dr. Malinzak has also been accepted into the European Hip Society (EHP) a prestigious, nonprofit scientific association based in Innsbruck, Austria. The organization has more than 500 members representing 30 nations. It also publishes Hip International, a peer-reviewed academic journal focused on advancements in hip surgery, traumatology of the hip, prosthetic surgery, biomechanics and basic science topics relating to the hip.
He was named to the 2015 - 2018 Indianapolis Monthly magazine's Top Doctor's list in orthopedic surgery. To view the Indianapolis Monthly Top Doc winners, click here.
The Center has been honored By Healthgrades, an independent health ratings organization, as an Americas 100 Best Hospital for Total Joint Replacement in 2015.
Dr. Malinzak is associated with the following organizations:
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, fellow (since 2004)
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, fellow (since 2005)
- Indiana State Medical Society 7th District, president elect (2012-2013)
- John N. Insall Traveling Knee Fellowship presented by the Knee Society
- Journal of Arthroplasty, editorial board and elite reviewer (since 2012)
- JRSI Orthopaedic Research Foundation, board member (since 2004)
- Orthopaedic Practice Reviewer (since 2007)