Behavioral Health Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
Franciscan Health offers partial-day psychiatric intensive outpatient programs. These focused behavioral health programs are designed for both adults and adolescents who need more frequent group and individual therapy than weekly outpatient counseling sessions can provide.
Intensive outpatient programs offer a structured and supportive environment. Patients participate in group, individual and family therapy, occupational and/or recreational therapy and educational lectures on mental health issues.
Treatment is provided by a multidisciplinary team of caring professionals and can include:
- Board certified psychiatrists
- Board certified child and adolescent psychiatrists
- Registered nurses
- Social workers
- Psychiatric therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Recreational therapists
- Behavioral health advisors
During the time outside of treatment sessions, patients return to the comforts of their own home to begin to utilize the skills they are learning in treatment.
When is intensive outpatient treatment advised for behavioral health issues?
Adults suffering from depression, anxiety or grief often lose the ability to function normally in their daily lives. Sometimes these issues completely disrupt every day behavior. In those cases, the more frequent, focused care of our intensive outpatient program can help.
Adult outpatient and intensive outpatient services include:
- Evaluations and psychological testing
- Outpatient individual and group counseling
- Group therapy sessions for anger management, coping with chronic depression, anxiety management and coping with grief
- Marital or family therapy
- Substance abuse counseling for individuals and families