Breast Cancer Support
Education and support are important tools to help women fighting breast cancer. At Franciscan Health, we treat the body, mind and spirit when it comes to ongoing breast cancer care.
Need a specialist? Search our physician directory for help finding an oncologist who is right for you.
Welcome to Franciscan Health
Breast Cancer Support
Ongoing Breast Cancer Support and Education to Promote Strong Recovery
Franciscan Health is committed to providing ongoing support for our patients by offering the latest in breast cancer education and support tools.
Breast cancer support groups
Our breast cancer support groups provide support, encouragement, and a non-judgmental atmosphere to share concerns as well as joys and triumphs. Breast cancer support groups are open to those newly diagnosed, those going through treatment and those who have completed treatment. While each support group is made up of unique individuals, the goals are the same:
- To provide support for one another to cope with breast cancer and related issues
- To reach out to others affected by breast cancer
- Although not a focus of the group, to provide factual breast cancer information as related to issues arising in group meetings
Breast cancer nurse navigators
Franciscan Health also offers nurse navigators as part of our breast cancer support services. Following a breast cancer diagnosis, our breast health nurse navigator serves as a single point of contact for patients. This navigator provides education, facilitation and support on a one-on-one basis through treatment. A nurse navigator provides:
- Individualized education on issues related to breast health, including materials for physician offices
- Assistance with scheduling and coordination of appointments and care coordination between clinical disciplines from diagnosis through treatment and beyond
- Help with psychosocial, physical and emotional needs
The breast cancer nurse navigator serves as the point person for the patient’s entire health team, reviewing the patient’s history and making appropriate appointments based on the patient’s needs and the team’s treatment plan.