Cancer Nurse Navigators: Your Personal Guide and Advocate
It’s not easy to hear the words "you have cancer." The emotions can be overwhelming as you struggle with a seemingly endless list of questions and treatment decisions.
As registered nurses, specially trained in cancer care, cancer nurse navigators serve as a guide and advocate for you and your family. Through each phase of treatment your navigator works with your entire care team to coordinate the best care possible, while also helping you regain control and maximize the quality of your life.
Your nurse navigator is here to address any questions or concerns you may have about cancer or your health. They are an important member of you care team and will help you understand your diagnosis and treatment options. If needed, you will be accompanied to appointments to help you understand the complex language of cancer care at a time when you may be feeling overwhelmed.
How our cancer nurse navigators help you
- A single point of contact for your entire care team
- Our nurse navigators in our cancer program take the time to get to know their patients, they know the hospital, and they know how to relay critical information between medical departments and physician offices in a timely manner – making the experience easier and less stressful for everyone.
- Education and information about your diagnosis, treatment options, and care plan
- Assistance with timely appointments, insurance issues and access to resources and support services
- Emotional support and encouragement