Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
Franciscan Health offers comprehensive durable medical equipment (DME), also called home medical equipment. DME includes a variety of portable medical devices that will provide you with the quality of care you need, as well as the comfort and mobility you can expect from Franciscan Health.
A Complete and Comprehensive Durable Medical Equipment Program
Franciscan Durable Medical Equipment (DME) offers a comprehensive medical equipment program featuring a broad selection of durable home medical equipment that will allow the caretaker and user the reliability, comfort, mobility and service they expect. Franciscan DME specializes in home oxygen therapy, with devices that address a variety of respiratory needs and significantly reduce and alleviate the healthcare risks associated with them.
With more then 25 years of experience, Franciscan DME associates are extremely qualified to provide a high standard of service and the utmost compassionate care. They are familiar with all modern techniques and services and are ready to assist in choosing the medical equipment that best suits the individual and customized needs of each patient.
Why choose Franciscan Durable Medical Equipment?
- Franciscan Health is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC).
- We provide convenient, prompt delivery.
- Courteous and respectful staff members are on hand to serve you.
- Certified technicians teach patients and their caregivers how to safely use their equipment.
- Respiratory-challenged patients are our specialty.
- We have multi-state licensed respiratory therapists (Indiana and Illinois).
- Service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The following equipment is available and usually covered under Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance. Franciscan Durable Medical Equipment offers the following home care equipment:
Home Medical Equipment
- Hospital beds
- Wheelchairs (27 models)
- Walkers (pediatric, hemi, extra wide, heavy duty, reciprocating, rolding/adjustable, wheeled)
- Canes (offset, quad, pyramid, heavy duty)
- Overbed trapezes
- Hydraulic patient lifts
- Oxygen concentrators
- Lightweight, portable oxygen systems with easy-on, easy-off regulators
- Oxygen conserving devices
- Aspiration/Suction units
- Positive Airway Pressure (PAP)