Advanced Treatment Options for Gynecologic Cancer
Gynecologic cancer is cancer originating in the female reproductive organs. It includes cancer of the cervix, ovaries, uterus, vagina and vulva. Franciscan Health offers patients state-of-the-art treatments and technology for gynecologic oncology.
The Franciscan Health system puts together multidisciplinary teams of doctors from many specialties, including surgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology, pathology, research coordinators and genetic counseling, to review each gynecologic oncology case. Together, they design a personalized treatment plan using the most innovative, advanced treatments and research available today.
Gynecologic oncology services
Franciscan Health specialists treat gynecological cancer through a combination of surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. We are experts in the use of minimally invasive surgical procedures to treat newly diagnosed gynecologic cancers, as well as recurrent diseases. Treatment options include:
- Radical hysterectomy for cervical cancer
- Cytoreductive surgery for ovarian cancer
- Radical vulvectomy for vulvar cancer
- Treatment for endometrial cancer including total abdominal hysterectomy
- Radical resection of recurrent ovarian cancer
- Radical hysterectomy and pelvic exenteration for recurrent cervical cancer
- Radical resection of pelvic and abdominal disease for recurrent endometrial cancer
- Surgical resection of vulvar lesions following surgery, radiation or chemotherapy