Heart Valve Treatment
Our team of cardiovascular surgeons and cardiologists provides comprehensive medical and surgical treatment options for heart valve disease. We offer a full spectrum of services including imaging, repair and replacement.
Search our physician directory for help finding a cardiologist who is right for you.
Welcome to Franciscan Health
Heart Valve Treatment
Advanced Heart Valve Treatment
Our experienced physicians have focused their careers on the diagnosis and treatment of heart valve disease and can offer patients with complex heart conditions new hope that is not available at most hospitals.
Dedicated to your individualized care
At Franciscan Health, all of your heart valve needs – from diagnosis to treatment and recovery – are met in one location, giving patients access to superior multidisciplinary, patient-specific treatment for valve disease. Our heart valve specialists partner with primary care physicians, referring cardiologists and surgeons in a model based on communication, collaborative management and long-term follow-up. Our collaborative medical team provides you optimal care, including:
- Complete medical evaluation to fully diagnose and understand a patient’s valve condition
- State-of-the-art diagnostics
- Valve disease education
- Personalized care plan
- Timely updates to your primary care physician
- If necessary, valve surgery
What makes heart valve treatment at Franciscan Health different?
- As a high-volume valve surgery system, we offer a technical skill level not all facilities can match.
- Our heart valve specialists have focused their careers on advancing the treatment of heart valve disease. This includes participation in the very latest clinical trials and research.
- An emphasis on valve repair rather than valve replacement for mitral valve disease distinguishes our team. Valves that might otherwise be replaced, we repair and restore to normal function. In fact, patients who had undergone attempted repair at other hospitals in years past have been successfully re-repaired.
- Exceptional comprehensive care and innovative technology for every life, every day.
New treatment options for heart valve disease
Franciscan Health established the first dedicated multidisciplinary center for evaluation and treatment of heart valve disease in Indiana. At Franciscan Health, physicians and staff use state-of-the-art procedures to determine the type and severity of heart valve disease and plan treatment. The decision to prescribe medical treatment or proceed with surgical repair or replacement is based on the patient’s type of heart valve disease, the severity of damage, the age, and medical history.
The surgeons at Franciscan Health advocate valve repair over valve replacements whenever possible. Valve repair surgery preserves the patient's own heart valve so blood-thinning medications are not required.