High-Risk Clinic for Breast and Ovarian Cancer
A High-Risk Clinic Dedicated to Treating Breast and Ovarian Cancer
Your risk of developing breast or ovarian cancer may be high if you carry a specific gene mutation, have personal risk factors or a family history of cancer.
Franciscan Health's High-Risk Clinic for Breast and Ovarian Cancer in Indianapolis works in partnership with our Hereditary Cancer Program to develop individualized plans focused on early detection, risk reduction, surveillance and education.
High-risk breast and ovarian clinic services include:
- The convenience of an appointment with several specialists skilled in breast any gynecologic care at one location
- Individual assessment
- Personalized surveillance plans
- Prevention strategies, including chemoprevention (non-surgical care)
- Clinical breast exams
- Screening and diagnostic imaging
- Hereditary Cancer Program offering personal and family genetic counseling and testing by a board-certified genetic counselor
- Leading-edge surgery, including reconstructive/plastic surgery
- Information on other women’s health issues, such as osteoporosis, menopause and cardiac risk
A dedicated team of breast and ovarian cancer specialists
The High-Risk Clinic offers consultation from a team of physicians and specialists, including nurse practitioners, genetic counselors, breast surgical oncologists, gynecologic surgical oncologists, medical oncologists and reconstructive surgeons.