Knee injuries or arthritis can make the activities you enjoy, like walking, jogging or dancing, difficult if not impossible. Our knee surgeons offer state-of-the-art care to help you feel, and move, like yourself again.
Explore Knee Surgery and Alternative Treatments
You'll find expert care for your knees from the experienced orthopedic team of knee surgeons at Franciscan Health. We offer advanced repair or replacement knee surgery and nonsurgical alternatives to restore mobility lost due to injury or deterioration.
Know your knees
The knee is a complex joint. Whether you’re an athlete or a gardener, you’ll likely experience a knee injury or knee pain from normal wear and tear at some point in your life. Knowing how to prevent and treat injuries can help you stay active and pain-free.
Common knee problems may cause pain, swelling, and trouble walking. They include:
- Sprains and strains may be caused by a sudden twist or blow to the knee.
- Torn cartilage, tears to the connective tissue (menisci) that act as a shock absorber, often occurs with sprains.
- Tendonitis is inflammation of the tendon and results from overuse or strain from the force of hitting the ground after a jump.
- Osteoarthritis is the gradual wearing away of cartilage in the knee joint caused by repeated injury or being overweight .
- Rheumatoid arthritis causes the joint to become inflamed and destroys the cartilage, often at a younger age than osteoarthritis.
Locations Near Me
Crawfordsville, IN 47933