Knee Replacement Surgery
For those suffering from knee pain and loss of mobility, knee replacement surgery may be the way back to an active life. Using state-of-the-art techniques, our orthopedic surgeons successfully perform thousands of knee replacement surgeries each year.
Knee Replacement Surgery to Return You to an Active Life
While joint replacement may be our specialty, our staff is focused on leading you back to the activities you love best—an afternoon on the golf course, a walk through the park, a slow dance with that special someone. That’s our true specialty.
What makes knee replacement at Franciscan Health different?
- Nationally renowned knee replacement surgeons
- Minimally invasive surgical methods for knee replacement
- Team of knee replacement surgeons, nurses and therapists to help you regain strength and control
Each Franciscan knee replacement team is made up of excellent orthopedic knee surgeons, interventional radiologists, trained orthopedic nurses and physical therapists. Internal medicine physicians are on staff for preoperative physical exams and screenings. Many of our experienced knee replacement surgeons participate in numerous research projects to advance in the field of joint replacement.
Benefits of Knee Replacement Surgery
Having a knee replaced used to be only for the elderly. Today, total knee replacement and partial knee replacement surgery with state-of-the-art materials and techniques - some of which are being pioneered at Franciscan Health - gives patients in their 50s and younger relief from knee pain and loss of mobility caused by deteriorating knees.
The main benefit you can expect from total knee replacement or partial knee replacement is pain relief, which can be quite dramatic. However, total knee replacement surgery is not the answer for everyone. Some people find pain relief without knee surgery. That is why it is important for you to get a proper diagnosis from an orthopedic specialist.
Knee Replacement Recovery
After a knee replacement, most patients enjoy:
- A dramatic reduction in pain - even post-surgical discomfort is often gone within weeks
- Increased strength and ability to use your legs and the ability to build muscle
- Ease of movement - almost immediately and for many years to come
- Enhanced quality of life with the capacity to take on daily tasks and activities in greater comfort
Events at Franciscan Health