Having a baby is one of the most joyful experiences, a celebration of the promise of the future. From your first learning the big news through the arrival of your baby, Franciscan Health leaves no maternity detail to chance.
Need a specialist? Search our physician directory for help finding a gynecologist who is right for you.
Welcome to Franciscan Health
Comprehensive, Individualized Maternity Care
We’ve combined the care and dedication of the Franciscan Health staff with state-of-the-art technology to provide you and your baby the best care possible during your pregnancy, delivery and first days of life. We will make sure your maternity stay with us is comfortable for you and your family.
What makes maternity care at Franciscan Health different?
At Franciscan Health, your maternity services include:
- A personalized approach to delivery
- Private and group tours of the hospital
- Pre-registration available
- Prenatal education, baby care and parenting classes
- Prenatal and post-delivery massage therapy
- Access to NICU and maternal-fetal medicine if your baby needs it
- Free Car Seat Safety Inspections and installation
- Breastfeeding support with a certified lactation consultant before, during and after you have your baby
- Midwife and doula services welcome
- SleepSack® for every baby, so you can know that he or she is sleeping safely
- Rooming-in preference for mom and baby
Before you get pregnant
A woman’s pregnancy journey is filled is with physical and emotional changes. We encourage women to see their primary care physician, OB/GYN (or OBGYN) or other women’s health provider before getting pregnant for recommendations on conception and how to have a healthy pregnancy. Even if you feel you are healthy and ready for a pregnancy, your doctor or women’s health provider can do plenty ahead of time and answer your questions to help you as you are trying to conceive.
A healthy pregnancy
With regularly scheduled prenatal visits, ultrasounds, screenings and education, our maternity departments are with you through every stage of your pregnancy.
If there are no problems during early pregnancy, women will typically get an ultrasound twice during their pregnancy with the first coming at around 20 weeks. This simple, painless procedure allows for your doctor or midwife to see how your baby is developing as well as check your pelvic organs. Your pregnancy ultrasound will:
- Determine the baby's age, growth, position, and sometimes gender
- Identify any developmental problems
- Look for multiple pregnancies (twins, triplets, etc.)
- Look at the placenta, amniotic fluid, and pelvis
Education is an important part of having a baby. Just as each pregnancy is unique, so are the needs of pregnant women. Franciscan Health offers a wide variety of parent education classes to help you understand what you and your baby are going through. With knowledge comes peace of mind.
Labor, delivery and recovery
At Franciscan Health, we offer modern facilities and state-of-the-art technology that will make your delivery and hospital stay as peaceful and comfortable as possible.
Our contemporary Labor & Delivery suites feature private rooms for labor, delivery and recovery, as well as critical care rooms and Caesarean surgical suites. While waiting for your newborn to arrive, your family members will be comfortable sitting in our family waiting area.
During your stay in our postpartum unit, you will enjoy a private room where friends and family members can visit you and your newborn. You will keep your baby with you at all times in your private room. But when your baby needs some extra attention, the staff of our newborn nursery will meet all of your newborn’s needs.