When you or a loved one is facing a disease or disorder of the brain, spine or nerves, you will appreciate Franciscan Health's compassionate, welcoming environment. Our neurosciences teams work together to coordinate and deliver the diagnostic and therapeutic services you need.
Search our physician directory for help finding a doctor who is right for you.
Highly Skilled Physicians Delivering the Best in Neuroscience Care
When you have a neurological or spinal condition, you may require medical attention from a number of specialists. At Franciscan Health we take a multidisciplinary approach. Our staff and physicians work together to coordinate optimal, efficient neurological care for every patient.
What makes neurosciences at Franciscan Health different?
- Staffed by a highly skilled team of physicians, including spine specialists and neurosurgery specialists
- Outpatient rehabilitation services to guide you along the path to recovery
- Our sleep center can diagnose and treat a range of disorders
Franciscan Health neurosciences physicians are recognized leaders in health care, serving patients of all ages. Our physicians and staff work together to coordinate and deliver the diagnostic and therapeutic services you need.
- Neurosurgery to treat brain, spine and peripheral nerve diseases
- Primary stroke care to provide specialized emergency attention to victims of stroke
- Spine specialists, where people coping with spinal pain can find comfort and healing
- Diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of conditions, including neck pain, back pain, epilepsy, seizures, fibromyalgia and more
- Neurology diagnostic testing, with vital tools and tests – including EEG, EP, EMG, NCS – to identify neurological problems and other medical conditions
- Sleep disorder programs, which provide testing, treatment, and education for people experiencing sleep problems
- Inpatient rehabilitation, an intensive program that combines a variety of therapies and services
- Outpatient rehabilitation to help patients continue along the path to recovery
Nerve and muscle damage can be difficult to pinpoint and diagnose. Electromyography and nerve conduction studies help physicians better treat patients suffering from nerve or muscle dysfunction.
Electrophysiology services diagnose areas of the heart's electrical system that may be causing abnormal heart rhythms. Specially trained cardiologists treat disorders ranging from minor arrhythmias to severe, life-threatening disorders.
Franciscan Health uses epidural steroid injections to relieve pain, numbness or weakness related to conditions that affect the spine, neck, shoulder, arms or legs.
Facet joints link the bones of the spine together and are possible sources of chronic neck and lower back pain. Facet joint injections can help physicians diagnose the source of pain and, in some cases, offer pain relief.
Combining state-of-the-art technology with board-certified neurologists, the neurodiagnostics team at Franciscan Health offers a full range of services designed to detect and treat conditions of the brain, spinal cord, and central nervous system.
Neurological physical therapy can help people become active after a serious neurological injury or disease. Franciscan Health specialists in neurological physical therapy understand the specific needs of a patient with neurological disorders.
Neuromuscular rehabilitation assists individuals with neurological conditions such as Parkinson's disease, stroke, cerebral palsy, brain injury, cerebellar dysfunction and multiple sclerosis. We provide therapy to improve overall mobility, range of motion, balance, walking and endurance.
Head or spinal trauma, brain tumors, cerebral hemorrhages and other disorders of the nervous system are often best treated with surgery. Franciscan Health has highly skilled specialists to provide neurosurgery services to patients of all ages.
During a stroke brain cells begin to die from lack of blood and oxygen in a matter of seconds. The quicker a patient receives care, the better their chances of recovery. Franciscan Health's stroke triage protocols ensure fast response for stroke care.