Head or spinal trauma, brain tumors, cerebral hemorrhages and other disorders of the nervous system are often best treated with surgery. Franciscan Health has highly skilled specialists to provide neurosurgery services to patients of all ages.
Highly-Skilled Neurosurgeons at Franciscan Health
Neurosurgery is the medical practice concerned with diagnosing and treating conditions, illnesses and injuries involving the brain and its support structures. Patients with conditions involving the brain, skull, spinal cord, nerves, spinal disks and other protective coverings of the nervous tissues may not respond to medication or other treatment. These patients may require neurosurgery.
If you have a congenital defect (problem developed from birth), a degenerative issue (from aging or “wear and tear”), or are suffering from an injury or illness that has caused problems with your nervous system, you want to find a neurosurgeon you can trust. Franciscan Health has expert neurosurgeons who diagnose and perform procedures using state-of-the-art technology.
When is neurosurgery necessary?
When people are suffering from one of the following disorders, neurosurgery is often the best course of treatment:
- Brain and skull base tumors
- Pituitary tumors
- Cerebral aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations
- Spinal tumors
- Spinal vascular lesions
- Intracranial hemorrhage
- Spinal discherniations and degenerative disorders
- Arnold Chiari malformation
- Cervical/Lumbar Disc Herniation
Neurosurgical procedures at Franciscan Health
The experienced staff at Franciscan Health has some of the most skilled neurosurgeons in the country and a caring and committed support team to take you through each step of neurosurgery and recovery. Franciscan Health neurosurgeons offer the following procedures:
- Minimally invasive spine surgery (XLIF, TLIF, DLIF, AXIALIF)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Stereotactic tumor surgery
- Implantation of dorsal column stimulator for pain control
- Implantation of vagal nerve stimulator for seizure disorder
- Treatment of peripheral nerve disorders including carpal tunnel syndrome and ulnar neuropathy
Stereotactic surgery is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that utilizes a three-dimensional coordinate system to locate and map certain targeted areas within the body and perform various procedures such as ablation, biopsy, stimulation, implantation or injection.
Locations Near Me
Lafayette, IN 47905