Having a baby is a life-changing experience and Franciscan Health is committed to personalized obstetrics care. Our medical staff considers each patient's unique circumstance and needs to ensure every visit is as comfortable as possible.
What Is Obstetrics?
Obstetrics is an area of medicine and surgery that focuses on childbirth and the health and wellbeing of women giving birth. At Franciscan Health, our team of obstetricians and medical staff is dedicated to providing you and your baby with the best care possible during and after pregnancy.
Obstetrics at Franciscan Health
At Franciscan Health, obstetrics services include:
- Maternal-fetal medicine (specialty care for complicated or high-risk pregnancies)*
- A personalized approach to delivery where you and your obstetrician discuss a birth plan and expectations. During this conversation you may decide on your medication, delivery room and specialty services preferences.
- Private and group tours of the hospital
- Pre-registration available
- Prenatal education, baby care and parenting classes
- Prenatal and post-delivery massage therapy
- Access to NICU if necessary
- Free Car Seat Safety Inspections and education/instruction*
- Breastfeeding support
- Doula services welcome
- SleepSack for every baby, so you can know that he or she is sleeping safely
"*" Available at select locations
For those considering adoption, Franciscan has processes in place to compassionately care for all of our patients and strives to approach each circumstance from a place of love.
Events at Franciscan Health