Occupational Health and Wellness for Your Employees
Franciscan occupational health services help your company increase safety awareness, provide treatment for work-related injuries and maintain the highest productivity levels. We know how critical your employees are to the success of your organization and we understand the challenges and impact of on-the-job injuries.
What makes occupational health at Franciscan Health different?
- A full line of occupational health services including Department of Transportation (DOT) driver certification examinations, substance abuse screenings, immigration and disability exams
- Customized workplace education and prevention plans
- Physicians board-certified in occupational health with extensive training in work-related injuries and illness
Keeping your workplace healthy
Our occupational health teams work closely with area employers to enable them to create the safest possible work environment for their employees. When inevitable on-the-job injuries and illnesses occur, we specialize in providing focused medical care for employees' work-related health issues. Franciscan Health occupational health services also offer a variety of physical examinations to help you keep your workforce healthy and in compliance with state and federal safety requirements.
- Pre-placement examinations for new employees: Our experienced occupational medicine providers deliver comprehensive, job-specific physical examinations to new employees.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) driver certification examinations: Providers use DOT regulations addressing driver certifications in a comprehensive examination to determine each driver’s physical qualifications.
- Disability examinations: Our physicians have extensive experience performing examinations to determine eligibility for disability benefits.
- Immigration examinations: Our physicians are designated as Civil Surgeons by the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Immigrants seeking changes in their legal status are often required to undergo medical evaluations, and the USCIS will only accept examinations performed by designated Civil Surgeons.
- Employee Drug Testing: We can include forensic drug testing for controlled substances and alcohol in any evaluation.
- Fitness for duty & medical clearance evaluations: Timely examinations that determine employees’ ability to perform specific job tasks for work-related and non-work-related conditions.
- Hazmat physicals: Experienced occupational health physicians perform compliance evaluations and testings based on OSHA requirements and potential exposures.
- Serious injury treatment: Our staff and physicians provide rapid treatment of serious injuries in addition to minor injuries (e.g., lacerations, burns and eye injuries). We specialize in the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries such as back and upper-extremity injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, shoulder sprains, knee and ankle sprains, etc.
Other services include:
- Travel medicine consultation and immunizations including Yellow Fever.
- Executive physicals
- Prevention packages
- Drug screens (DOT and non-DOT)
- OSHA-mandated examinations
- Injury treatment and management
- Ergonomic evaluations
- On-site vaccination programs
- Wellness Programs
- Health Fairs
- Audiograms (Hearing Conservation Program)
- FIT Testing
- PPD Testing (TB Control Program)
- Spirometry and Respiratory Certification Program