Franciscan Health offers new treatments and hope for patients who have cancer or other diseases of the lung and esophagus. Our surgeons provide fully integrated thoracic services, building on their experience with leading-edge surgical techniques.
Unsurpassed Expertise in Thoracic Care
Franciscan Health offers new treatments and hope for patients who have serious and complex diseases of the lung and esophagus, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer, esophageal cancer and Barrett's esophagus. Our surgeons have extensive experience in managing the full spectrum of these conditions. They provide fully integrated thoracic services, building on their experience with leading-edge surgical techniques.
Our thoracic services include:
Endoscopy procedures give doctors a way to examine the inside of the body in a minimally invasive way. Many endoscopy procedures are performed on an outpatient basis. All are performed by board-certified specialists.
Franciscan Health utilizes The da Vinci Surgical System for robotic-assisted surgeries. The da Vinci Surgical System puts a surgeon's hands at the controls of a state-of-the-art robotic surgery tool. The result is one of the most effective, least invasive surgical treatments available.
Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) is a minimally invasive surgical technique used to diagnose and treat problems in your chest.
Additional services include
- ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation)
- High-risk reoperation surgery
- Lung cancer surgery
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery
- Pericardial surgery
Second Opinion Surgery Program in Indianapolis
The Franciscan Health Second Opinion Surgery Program at our Indianapolis hospital was created for patients diagnosed with any lung, heart or vascular condition and has been told they need surgery.
During second-opinion appointments, our team of experts reviews all options available. Patients with complex conditions typically benefit most from these appointments. Sometimes a second opinion changes a patient's choice of treatment plan. In other cases, the plan does not change, but the second opinion offers the patient peace of mind that the choice of treatment plan is the right one.
To schedule an appointment or second opinion, call (317) 528-2331 today.
Why choose Franciscan Health?
Our goal is to expertly care for every patient. Our comprehensive program includes:
- Leaders in surgical treatment of complex lung conditions
- Multidisciplinary clinics where patients are seen in one visit by a team of specialists
- Innovative technology and clinical research that improves patient care and inspires new concepts
- Nurse navigators to guide patients and their families through treatment and beyond
- Research and clinical trials
- Convenient and customized patient and family services
- Expertise in minimally invasive surgical techniques
- Demonstrated quality outcomes
- Complex monitoring and long-term follow-up