Comprehensive Travel Medicine for International Travelers
TravelWell, Franciscan Health's travel medicine services, offers preventative care for international travelers regardless of their destination. Our travel medicine centers create a prevention plan for each traveler, taking into account their itinerary, travel activities, the current medical environment in the destination and the traveler's personal medical history.
Who benefits from travel medicine care?
- Individuals visiting family and friends
- Missionary groups
- Tour groups
- Individuals with international travel plans
Individualized travel medicine at Franciscan Health
If you know your travel plans in advance, it is recommended to schedule an appointment a few months before your trip. This will enable you to get the most out of your consultation and receive any necessary immunizations. Your initial visit will last about one hour. You may need to schedule additional appointments to complete scheduled doses of vaccinations.
Our comprehensive travel services include:
- Individualized consultation: All clients meet with a physician who specializes in preventive and tropical medicine.
- Immunizations: We offer a complete range of CDC-recommended vaccinations to help you prepare for travel, including yellow fever vaccine. International Certificate of Vaccination is also provided.
- Up-to-date risk information: Our travel medicine service specialists will evaluate your current state of health, intended activities and itinerary and define the risks you might encounter and recommend precautions.
- Education: We furnish extensive learning materials on avoiding problems in the specific areas where you will be traveling. Counseling includes information about medicines to treat common travel problems.
- Medications: We prescribe medicines to treat traveler’s diarrhea, to prevent malaria or altitude-related conditions.
- Continuity of care: Our office prepares a report for your primary care physician in order to keep your personal health record up to date.