Vascular services at Franciscan Health treat problems relating to or blood vessels within the body. Vascular care covers the relatively simple issues involving varicose veins to the complex issues surrounding arterial disease and aneurysms.
A Multidisciplinary Approach to Vascular Services
Our vascular surgeons, interventional cardiologists, radiologists and wound care specialists offer new hope for patients with complex vascular conditions. Franciscan Health is able to give patients and their physicians accelerated access to groundbreaking treatments for the full spectrum of vascular diseases.
Areas of expertise include:
- Open and percutaneous endovascular repair of thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Angioplasty and stenting of carotid, vertebral, renal, mesenteric, upper extremity and lower extremity arterial occlusive disease
- Emergent repair of ruptured abdominal and thoracic aneurysms
- High-risk reoperation surgery
- Iliac aneurysm repair
- Limb salvage including atherectomy, Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty (PTA)/stenting and bypass
- Management of carotid artery disease
- Management of complex abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysm disease
- Management of acute and chronic mesenteric ischemia
- Management of thoracic outlet syndrome
- Renal artery reconstruction
- Vascular reconstruction during or following cancer surgery
Vascular care at Franciscan Health also covers a wide range of venous disease including:
- Endovenous thermal ablation (laser/radiofrequency therapy) of varicose veins
- Sclerotherapy for spider veins
- Insertion and retrieval of inferior vena caval filters
- Mechanicopharmacolgic thrombolysis of Iliofemoral deep venous thrombosis
- Pulmonary embolectomy
- Management of Paget - Schroetter Syndrome
- Management of May Thurner Syndrome
- Venous Access
Multidisciplinary team for comprehensive vascular care
Our multidisciplinary care model addresses the complexities of the full spectrum of vascular diseases through the integration of sophisticated imaging technologies, advanced clinical care, and landmark research. Our team’s dedication to excellence results in aligned perspectives on care and better outcomes for patients. The team works in collaboration with wound healing, endocrinology, podiatry, and other resources available through Franciscan Health to provide comprehensive care and treatment techniques.
Patients referred will be scheduled for one appointment, during which time treatment plans are developed collaboratively by the vascular team, which include:
- Vascular surgeons
- Interventional cardiologists
- Interventional radiologists
- Wound care specialists
In most cases, additional testing and imaging will be conducted on the same day. Treatment plans, progress and results are communicated to the primary care or specialty physician for continuity care and long-term management of vascular disease.