Our Breastfeeding Support Group allows you to discuss your breastfeeding ques...
1:00 PM to 2:30 PM EST
Better Breathers Club - Lafayette
Location: Franciscan Healthy Living Center
1116 North 16th St.
, Lower Level of Lafayette Heart Institute
Lafayette, IN 47904
The Better Breathers Club is a program of the American Lung Association. Designed for patients and community members to learn ways to better cope with COPD and other respiratory issues, it provides support and education to those who participate. The Better Breathers Club is open to all patients and community members who have COPD, lung diseases, asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis or other respiratory issues. Each meeting is free.
Monthly meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of the month from 1 to 2:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Light refreshments will be served at each meeting. Meetings will take place at the Healthy Living Center located in the Lafayette Heart Institute Building, 1116 N. 16th St. on the campus of Franciscan Health Lafayette Central.
Better Breathers Club 2019 Schedule:
- March 13: “Integrative Therapies: Tools for Pain Management” – Mindy Carter, certified massage therapist
- April 10: “Chair Exercises and Breathing Techniques for Those with Lung Disease” – Cindy Cunningham, RRT
- May 8: "Who, me? Diabetes Prevention/What Everyone Needs to Know" – Beth Lana, RN, BSN, CDE
- June 12: “Open Discussion: Sharing Among Members with Show and Tell” – member-led discussion
- July 10: “Community Services” – guest speakers
- Aug. 14: “Oxygen Devices and Benefits of Supplemental Oxygen” – Better Breathers Facilitators
- Sept. 11: “Cooking for One or Two” – Allison Stetler, RD, CDE
- Oct. 9: “Heart Scans and Lung Scans: Detection in its Earliest Stages” – Tonya Mitchell, RN
- Nov. 13: “Let’s Get Creative” – Better Breathers Facilitators
- Dec. 11: Holiday Luncheon and Celebration
*Topics of presentations subject to change.
1:00 PM EST
1:00 PM EST