A social and educational support group for people with heart problems. Meetin...
Blood Drive - Dyer
Location: Franciscan Health Dyer
24 Joliet Street
Dyer, IN 46311
Saving Lives Takes Courage
Sign up for our blood drive and take the first step!
Franciscan Health Dyer
Thursday, July 20, 2017
11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Who Can Donate?
- The donor must be in good health and feeling well.
- The donor must be at least 17 years of age. 16 year olds are eligible provided they have written approval from a parent/guardian.
- The donor must weigh 110 pounds or more.
- It is recommended a donor eat something within the four hours prior to the donation.
- Fever, persistent cough, sore throat or chest congestion disqualifies a donor.
- There must be eight (8) weeks between regular whole blood donations. Waiting period must be sixteen (16) weeks after double red cell apheresis; seven (7) days after platelet apheresis
- Donors taking medications may be deferred from donating due to their underlying medical condition. Check with the Heartland staff for acceptability.
- Travel to certain parts of the world may be cause for deferral. Check with the Heartland staff to determine eligibility.