As part of our Well Beyond cancer survivorship program, Franciscan Health, in...
Blood Drive with Heartland Blood Centers
Location: Franciscan Health Chicago Heights
1423 Chicago Rd.
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
Walk-ins are welcome but appointments are encouraged! Please click here to schedule your preferred donation time or contact Maureen Quillinan, (708) 756-1000 ext. 56888.
- Donors must be in good health and feeling well. Persistent cough, sore throat and or chest congestion disqualifies a donor.
- Donors must be at least 17 years old.
- 16 year olds are eligible provided they have a written approval from a parent/guardian.
- Must present a photo ID and weigh at least 110 pounds.
- It is recommended that donors eat something within a few hours prior to donoation.
- Must be 8 weeks between regular whole blood donations. Waiting period must be sixteen weeks after double red cell apheresis. 7 days after platelet apheresis.
- Donors taking medications may be deferred from donating due to their underlying medical condition.
- Travel to certain parts of the world may be cause for deferral.
Blood drives are held in the SIM Lab, 1st Floor.