Gestational Diabetes counseling is offered to pregnant women who develop diab...
5:30 PM to 9:45 PM EST
Children Cope with Divorce - Shelbyville
Location: Shelby County Courthouse Annex
25 W. Polk Street, Room 208 A
Shelbyville, IN 46176
Divorce is a very stressful experience for both parents and children. Children Cope with Divorce is a four-hour educational program for divorcing parents that focuses on the needs of children. This seminar will help you:
- learn about emotional reactions of divorce
- learn how families experience divorce
- learn typical reactions of children
- learn the developmental needs of children
- pitfalls to avoid
Classes are offered in Indianapolis, Noblesville, Bloomington, Nashville, Batesville and Shelbyville*. (* Enter at rear of building at the Shelby County Courthouse Annex)
This class is for adults going through a divorce or separating. This class is for parents ONLY. Do not bring children to the class as child care will NOT be provided. This class is required by the court in which your divorce petition has been filed. After attending the seminar, participants receive a certificate and their attendance will be confirmed in court. Each parent should schedule the class within 30 days of filing for divorce. Persons with restraining orders against the other spouse will not be able to attend the same class together. They will need to register for separate classes.
Parents not mandated by a court may also attend these sessions.
Payment Information :
- The fee for the class is $85 per person.
- If for any reason you need to reschedule, please call within 24 hours. Otherwise, there will be an additional administrative fee of $60 payable the night of your class or charged to your card via PayPal.
- Pre-pay is accepted with your Debit/Credit Cards ONLINE ONLY. You must pre-pay within 48 hours prior to attending the seminar.
- Money order (made out to Franciscan VNS) is accepted at the door. Sorry, we will not accept checks.
Qualified professionals including therapists and social workers that specialize in divorce and the effects on children facilitate each seminar. These programs are in 11 counties in Central Indiana and are held at six sites, at various convenient times. To learn more, sign up online, call VNS at (317) 782-7200 ext. 4, or toll free at (877) 840-2673 and ask for Children Cope with Divorce registration.
Click on the date below to register for the class. Shelbyville classes meet on the third Wednesday of every other month from 5:30 to 9:45 p.m.
2020 Class Dates
5:30 PM EST