Our SOS Support Group is intended for for stroke survivors and their families...
6:30 PM to 7:30 PM EST
Location: Franciscan Education Center
1501 Hartford Street
Lafayette, IN 47904
Join us for a class that will focus on the benefits of massage and techniques that can be used on both infants and toddlers, as well as pregnant women and moms.
Massage techniques will be taught to calm moms during pregnancy, labor, after delivery and to soothe your baby at home. Moms, dads, caretakers, birthing partners, and infants are welcome to come experience this class and learn ways to bond.
Infant Massage Benefits:
- Release of positive hormones in baby and mom
- Relaxes muscles and eases pain
- Helps baby handle sensory stimulation
- Helps regulate sleep; more organized sleep/wake behaviors
- Aids in growth and development, both physically and mentally
- Helps parents become more confident
- Bonding between parent and baby
- Greater daily weight gain
- Less fussiness/improved soothability
- Improved sociability
6:30 PM EST