Grief is a process that you need not face alone. Franciscan VNS Hospice offer...
Inspiring Women: Walk With A Doc
Location: Franciscan Health Indianapolis, Fitness Trail
8111 S. Emerson Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46237
Lace up your sneakers and join us for this special Women’s Health focused Walk-With-A-Doc day.
- Meet and listen to brief, women-focused presentations from Franciscan Health physicians
- Participate in a warm-up stretching exercise with Franciscan Health Sports Medicine staff
- Walk the fitness trail with old friends, new friends and Franciscan Health employees
- Learn about walking shoes with Blue Mile representatives
- Discover the benefits of walking for weight loss
- Take part in free bone density screenings
- Enjoy free snacks and giveaways!
The National Walk with a Doc program was started to encourage healthy physical activity of people in all ages, and reverse the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle in order to improve the health and well-being of the country. At this special Walk with a Doc day, we will have information and giveaways related to women’s health as well as physicians speaking on medical concerns. Event date and participating physicians to be announced.
To register for the Inspiring Women Walk with a Doc event, register online, or call (317) 528-5865.
Walk will take place on our Indianapolis campus Franciscan Fitness Trail, meeting at mile marker 1, on the south side of the campus, directly opposite the Center for Women & Children.
The mission of the national Walk with a Doc program is to encourage healthy physical activity in people of all ages, and reverse the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle in order to improve the health and well-being of the country. The nonprofit program has 148 chapters, mostly in the US, offering free doctor-led walks in parks and malls. To learn more about the national program, visit http://walkwithadoc.org/who-we-are/.