While family history plays a part in our risk for heart and vascular disease,...
5:00 PM to 7:00 PM EST
Inspiring Women: Walk With A Doc
Location: Franciscan Health Women & Children's Center lobby, Ent. 2
8111 S. Emerson Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46237
Lace up your sneakers and join us for this special Women’s Health focused Walk-With-A-Doc day.
- Meet and listen to brief, women-focused presentations from Franciscan Health physicians
- Participate in a warm-up stretching exercise with Franciscan Health Sports Medicine staff
- Walk the fitness trail with old friends, new friends, and Franciscan Health physicians and employees
- Visit fitness and health inspired vendors
- Discover the benefits of walking for weight loss
- Take part in free health screenings
- Enjoy free snacks and giveaways!
Event is FREE. To register for the Inspiring Women Walk with a Doc event, register online, or call (317) 528-5865.
Walkers will meet in the lobby of the Women & Children's Center (Entrance 2) then walk over to our Franciscan Fitness Trail, directly opposite the Center for Women & Children.
The mission of the national Walk with a Doc program is to encourage healthy physical activity in people of all ages, and reverse the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle in order to improve the health and well-being of the country. The nonprofit program has 148 chapters, mostly in the US, offering free doctor-led walks in parks and malls. To learn more about the national program, visit http://walkwithadoc.org/who-we-are/.