Take part in a new nutrition/weight loss class call "Your Weight, Your Way." ...
12:00 PM to 2:00 PM EST
Lunch and Learn - Lafayette
Location: Franciscan Health Lafayette East
1701 S. Creasy Lane
Lafayette, IN 47905
Franciscan ACO and Franciscan Community Education are hosting a community “Lunch and Learn” series. The series will meet the second Thursday of every month. A light lunch will be provided at each meeting This series is free, but registration is required. Registration is available for one session at a time or each session ahead of time.
Lunch and Learn topics and schedule:
- Jan. 11, 2018: “Life Plan for the Life Span” – Tom parent, a local attorney from Stuart and Branigin will present estate planning and how to put a plan in place in case of death.
- Feb. 8: “Sleep Deprivation” – Shahid Ashan, M.D., medical director of Franciscan Health’s Sleep Center, will present the health effects of sleep deprivation.
- March 8: “Suicide Prevention” – Presenters: Mick Shoenradt, director of behavioral health at Franciscan Health and Laurence Stroup, crisis clinician at Franciscan Health. Anyone could be struggling with suicide. Understanding the issues concerning suicide and mental health is an important way to take part in suicide prevention, help others in crisis, and change the conversation around suicide.
- April 12: “Act F.A.S.T. - Stroke Awareness” – Carol Bailey, Administrative Director of Critical Care at Franciscan Health will present signs and symptoms of someone having a stroke, as well as treatment options – and the technology that Franciscan Health uses to treat stroke.
- May 10: “State of Healthcare” – Administration from Franciscan Health will present and discuss the ever changing current state of healthcare and how Franciscan Health is adapting. Presenters include: Terry Wilson, president and CEO and Sister M. Petra Nielsen, OSF, vice president of Administration Services.
- June 14: “Time Management” – Toni Halgas, employee therapist with Franciscan EAP, will present how prioritizing and time management impact stress and how to overcome these issues.
- July 12: “Drug Abuse and the Impact on the Community” – Darrell Clase, director of emergency medical services with Franciscan Health.
- Aug. 9: “Wellness for All Ages” – Seema Kengeri, MD, a family medicine physician with Franciscan Physician Network will discuss the importance of overall wellness. Topics include health management, wellness visits, screenings and taking a proactive approach to your health.
- Sept. 13: “Healthy Lungs” – The presentation will cover understanding your lungs and how to keep them healthy.
- Oct. 11: “Medicare 101” – Franciscan Insurance Services representatives will explain and offer counseling and assistance on the following products: Medicare supplements, Medicare Part D plans, Medicare Advantage Plans, life insurance, travel insurance.
- Nov. 8: “Therapy Services” – Franciscan Health Inpatient and Outpatient therapists will present the many ways therapy can help in everyday life. Tours of the new inpatient rehab facility will be available.
- Dec. 13, 2018: “Handling Holiday Stress” – Randy Pickering, clinical therapist for Franciscan Physician Network Behavioral Health will present how to maintain a healthy approach to holiday demands and methods for reducing stress that occurs. One of the best ways to reduce holiday stress is to look carefully at our expectations: Are they realistic? Will my family look like those on TV? Where everyone got exactly what they wanted, and money is no object and smiles abound? The key is developing our own definition of what’s reasonable and not feel guilty if we can’t (or don’t want to) do more.
12:00 PM EST
12:00 PM EST
12:00 PM EST