Heartsaver CPR and AED is an American Heart Association course that covers CP...
9:00 AM to 2:30 PM EST
Location: Franciscan Health Education Center
421 N. Emerson Ave.
Greenwood, IN 46143
The Super Sitter class provides boys and girls ages 11 to 13 the tools to becoming a responsible babysitter. Participants receive professional training in child growth and development, child care, first aid, CPR, home security, injury prevention, and snack preparation. A T-shirt, book and other materials are provided. Participants must bring a baby doll or stuffed animal (teddy bear) to practice diapering and other aspects of infant care.
Participants will learn:
- The responsibilities of being a babysitter
- The needs of young children and how to keep them safe and happily occupied
- The basics of child care: feeding, holding and diapering
- First-aid steps for handling medical emergencies
- Personal safety and household tips
Cost is $55 per child and advanced registration is required. Classes meet 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. To register, call (317) 528-8473. We also offer personalized Super Sitter classes for churches, schools and other organizations. Please call if interested.