This support group offers educational topics and conversation for people who ...
Walk With a Doc - Rensselaer
Brookside Park - Hall Pavilion (near the soccer fields)
Franciscan Health’s goal with this program is to give the community an opportunity to walk with medical professionals for one hour every Tuesday afternoon from May 8 to June 12.
Each walk will start at 5 p.m. at Brookside Park/Weston Cemetery in Rensselaer. Walks will be held on the following dates:
- May 8: Dr. Matthew Schwartz, hospitalist with EmCare who chooses to practice at Franciscan Health Rensselaer.
- May 15: Cathy Larson, NP, with Franciscan Health’s Brook Health Center.
- May 22: Dr. Vuckovic, medical director with Envision who chooses to practice at Franciscan Health Rensselaer.
- May 29: Alexa Roe, dietitian
- June 5: Dr. Marianne Nelson with Franciscan Physician Network Rensselaer Medical Center.
- June 12
This event is free and open to all members of the community. Registration is available online as well as the day of the event.
Each walk will begin with a short talk about a health-related topic by a healthcare professional. Hospital staff will be on hand to provide additional support for walkers.
Updates regarding the program will be provided via email if an address is provided to organizers.