Yoga is a mind-body therapy that connects the body, breath and mind to energi...
Weight Loss Journey - Lafayette (Spring)
Location: Franciscan Healthy Living Center
1116 North 16th Street
, Lower level of Lafayette Heart Institute
Lafayette, IN 47904
The Franciscan Healthy Living Center Lafayette will offer three seven-week programs on weight loss in 2019 called “Living Healthy – A Weight Loss Journey.”
2019 Weight Loss Program Start Dates in Lafayette, Indiana
- Jan. 15, 2019; 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.; every Tuesday; ends Feb. 26, 2019
- April 2, 2019; 4 to 5 p.m.; every Tuesday; ends May 14, 2019
- Sept. 10, 2019; 4:15 to 5:30 p.m.; every Tuesday; ends Oct. 22, 2019
Each program includes seven sessions with the first 15 minutes being weigh-in and the last hour being educational class time.
“Living Healthy – A Weight Loss Journey” is the Franciscan Healthy Living Center’s multidisciplinary approach to improving overall health and wellness.
Highlights of the Lafayette weight loss program include:
- Nutrition information such as why diets don’t work, setting calorie goals, tracking intake, portion control, heart healthy eating, label reading, healthy cooking/shopping, sodium, fiber and eating out.
- Exercise tips
- Emotions and eating
- The risk of obesity and how small changes equal big benefits
In addition to the seven sessions, participants will receive information and resources to help them in their weight loss goal.
This program will take place at the Franciscan Healthy Living Center Lafayette, which is located on the lower level of the Lafayette Heart Institute on the Franciscan Health Lafayette Central campus at 1116 N. 16th St. in Lafayette.
Space is limited to 15 participants. Cost is $75 per person. Reservations are required and can be made by calling the Healthy Living Center at (765) 428-5850.