30-Minute Sheet-Pan Roasted Vegetables And Crispy Gnocchi
A healthy dinner doesn't have to take hours to prepare and cook! This easy dish takes only 30 minutes from preparation to table. This meal is packed with color and health benefits. Bell peppers are high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and fiber. Tomatoes provide Vitamin E, thiamin, niacin and Vitamin C. All those vitamins and minerals are crucial in keeping your body healthy and immune system functioning. Red onions are high in anthocyanins, an antioxidant which can keep your heart healthy. Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, also keeping your heart healthy. Add grilled or baked chicken to have the perfect balanced meal!
#Whatsfordinner? Check out this easy recipe for #roastedvegetables and crispy #gnocchi #onourblog. It's dietitian-approved and takes mere minutes to prep. Link to find the #recipe on our blog in profile above. ⬆ #gnocchiparty #gnocchilover #gnocchirecipe #gnocchirecipes #roastedveggies #meatfree #roastedveggiepower #whatsforsupper #veggierecipe #recipeideas #whatsforlunch #farmersmarketinspired
Estimated Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 bell peppers, color of choice (yellow, red, orange or green)
- 1 red onion
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 lb fresh, shelf stable, or frozen gnocchi
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix diced bell peppers, diced onion, minced garlic, cherry tomatoes, gnocchi, olive oil and seasonings in large bowl.
- Spread mixture onto greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Pair with chicken for a balanced meal (optional).
- Top with cheese as desired (optional).
By Jessica McKeever, MS, RD, CD
Registered Dietitian, Franciscan Health Lafayette