5 Ways To Help Prevent Diabetic Eye Diseases (Infographic)
Having diabetes puts you at higher risk of developing certain eye diseases, including glaucoma, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy and diabetic macular edema. About 90 percent of diabetes-related vision loss can be prevented, but early detection is key.
Follow these steps now to help preserve your vision for the future.
- Get a comprehensive dilated eye examination from your ophthalmologist at least once a year
- Control your blood sugar
- Maintain healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Quit smoking
- Diabetes: Getting Started with Exercise
- Ask the Experts: When Your Body Stops Responding to Diabetes Treatments
- Stop Diabetic Peripheral Polyneuropathy Before It Starts