Better Breathers Club 2017 Schedule Released for Greater Lafayette Community
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - The Franciscan Healthy Living Center has announced the 2017 schedule for the Better Breathers Club. The center is located in the Lafayette Heart Institute Building, 1116 North 16th Street on the campus of Franciscan Health Lafayette Central.
Monthly meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of the month from 1 to 2:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Light refreshments will be served at each meeting.
The 2017 schedule is as follows, with speakers still to be finalized:
- March 8: "Sharing Stories" – Member led discussion
- April 12: "Core Strengthening and Relaxation" – Christy Odle, RN
- May 10: “Community Resources Available through Jenk’s Rest” – Bill Glick, Jenk's Rest Executive Director
- June 14: "Alzheimer's: Knowing the Facts" – Lata A. Krishnan, PhD, CCC-A
- July 12: "Hypoxia and Oxygen" – Corby Thiel, BSN, MSN, CFNP
- August 9: "Game Day" – Better Breathers Club facilitators
- September 13: "Heart Healthy Diet" – Ladawn Priebe, RD, CD
- October 11: "Open Discussion: Advanced Care Planning" – Corby Thiel, BSN, MSN, CFNP
- November 8: "Golden Girls" – Respiratory Therapists
- December 13: Christmas luncheon
The Better Breathers Club is a program of the American Lung Association. Designed for patients and community members to learn ways to better cope with COPD and other respiratory issues, it provides support and education to those who participate. The Better Breathers Club is open to all patients and community members who have COPD, lung diseases, asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis or other respiratory issues. Each meeting is free. Registration is encouraged and can be done by calling the Franciscan Healthy Living Center at (765) 428-5850.