Celebrating National Athletic Training Month
March is National Athletic Training Month, and Franciscan Health would like to recognize members of its athletic training staff.
During March, athletic trainers across America are being recognized for their commitment to helping people prevent injuries and stay healthy and active. Athletic trainers are healthcare professionals.
Highly educated and dedicated to the job at hand, athletic trainers can be found in high schools and colleges, corporations, professional sports, the military, performing arts and clinics, hospitals and physician offices. Your protection is their priority. We would like to salute our athletic trainers for providing quality health care every day.
Celebrate by following these important tips:
- Before participating in a sport, see your physician for a physical exam.
- Always make sure there is an emergency plan in place.
- During exercise, drink to thirst or based on individual needs depending on sweat rate.
- Avoid tobacco, alcohol and other harmful drugs.
- Have access to an athletic trainer, your protection is their priority.
Have you been sidelined with an injury? Make sure you consult an athletic trainer, who specializes in the prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and illnesses. Athletes' protection is athletic trainers' priority.
To learn more, or get connected with an athletic trainer, find a facility near you.