Franciscan Health Crawfordsville, Rensselaer and Lafayette Implement Visitor Restrictions Due To Flu
The restrictions include the following requirements:
- Visitors should clean your hands upon entering and leaving the hospital using hand sanitizer, foam or by washing hands with soap and water.
- Only two healthy adults (18 years of age or older) will be allowed to visit a patient at any one time.
- Visitors who have flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, chills or muscle aches, will not be allowed. Franciscan Health officials are asking visitors to "self-screen" for these symptoms.
- Patients with flu-like symptoms will be asked to wear a surgical or isolation mask. (Located at the various entrances.)
- Signage will be posted throughout facilities.
- Hand sanitizer, tissues and masks are posted at the main entrances to the facilities.
- Visitors are highly encouraged to use hand sanitizer before going into and after leaving a patient’s room.
- Exceptions can be made in special circumstances. Nurse directors/managers can help determine when those exceptions can be made without compromising the quality and safety of the patient care.
To view all hospital visitor restrictions across Franciscan Health, visit FranciscanHealth.org/VisitorRestrictions.
By Mindy Coddington
Marketing and Public Relations