Updated: November 24, 2020
LAFAYETTE, Indiana – With the continued spread of the novel COVID-19 coronavirus, Franciscan Health will enhance visitor restrictions and screenings at its three medical campuses in Lafayette, Crawfordsville and Rensselaer.
All visitation continues to be suspended throughout Franciscan Health hospitals unless listed in the following exceptions for healthy visitors: View Current Visitor Restrictions.
Franciscan Health Lafayette East (1701 South Creasy Lane)
- Visitors Entrance will be closed.
- North Entrance
- Approved Visitor Access: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Emergency Department (South Entrance) OPEN 24/7 for patients
- Approved Visitor Access: Daily 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Center for Women & Children Entrance OPEN 24/7 for patients
Franciscan Health Lafayette Central (1501 Hartford Street)
- Franciscan Health Lafayette Central is no longer offers hospital services. All potential patients should go to Franciscan Health Lafayette East located at 1701 South Creasy Lane.
Franciscan Health Crawfordsville (1710 Lafayette Road)
- Emergency Department will be the only point of access. All other entrances will be locked down.
Franciscan Health Rensselaer (1104 East Grace Street)
- Emergency Department and Visitor Entrance will be the points of access. All other entrances will be closed.
Franciscan Outpatient Services, Community Education, Wellness Classes and Support Groups
Franciscan Health Outpatient Departments will continue to see patients. All patients will be screened for symptoms and travel at the beginning of their appointment. If a patient answers yes to any of the questions, they will be asked to perform hand hygiene and put on a mask. The patient will be talked to by a clinician and may be referred to their primary care provider.
- The following outpatient services will continue as normally scheduled:
- Lactation (breastfeeding) consultation at Franciscan Education Center in Lafayette only
- Next Step Appointments at the Lafayette YMCA
- Healthy Living Center Appointments at the Healthy Living Center (Lafayette Heart Institute)
- Diabetes Education/Class Appointments at the Healthy Living Center (Lafayette Heart Institute), Crawfordsville Hospital and Rensselaer Hospital
For Lafayette, Crawfordsville and Rensselaer unless otherwise indicated:
- All Franciscan Health support groups are cancelled. If possible, support groups will be held virtually.
- Cancer Support Group will continue virtually
- Breastfeeding Support Group will be held virtually every Wednesday at 3:30 pm starting April 8. Contact Community Education at (765) 449-5133 to register.
- All Expectant Parent Hospital Tours are cancelled.
- Lunch & Learns are cancelled.
- Franciscan Health will not participate in employer-sponsored or community-sponsored health fairs.
- All classroom education is cancelled.
- Class participants will be granted a refund for any fees paid in advance. Refunds need to be requested by the participant by calling the Franciscan entity that organized the class. Failure to request a refund by phone may result in no refund being given.
- Cancellations include:
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Phase 2 and 3 Appointments in Lafayette, Crawfordsville
- Preparation for Childbirth Class
- Breastfeeding Class
- Newborn Care Class
- Infant CPR & First Aid Class
- New Baby Class for Siblings
- Infant Massage Class
- Babysitting Class
- Stop the Bleed Class
- Car Seat Checks
- Medicare 101 Class
- Community Basic Life Support (CPR) Class
- CATCH Up Program at the YMCA
- LAMP Classes at the YMCA
- Senior Promise Classes and Events
- Matter of Balance Classes at the Healthy Living Center (Lafayette Heart Institute)
- Diabetes Prevention Program at the Healthy Living Center (Lafayette Heart Institute), Crawfordsville Hospital and Rensselaer Hospital
- Outpatient dietician appointments
- Community groups and non-profit boards using Franciscan Health facilities or Franciscan Education Center will be asked to postpone their meetings/classes until after May 1; cancel their meetings; or make their meetings virtual.
As COVID-19 is an evolving situation, Franciscan Health will continue to work with local and state public health agencies should additional measures need to be taken. Patient safety is always paramount in the protection of our patients, visitors and staff. Additional information and links to the latest updates about COVID-19 can be found at franciscanhealth.org/covid-19.
"This is a public health issue and it is our intent to protect the health and safety of our patients, our visitors and our employees," said Daniel Wickert, MD, vice president of medical affairs for Franciscan Health Western Indiana. "In doing so, we can reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other seasonal-related illnesses."
Contact: Lisa Decker, Vice President, Marketing and Communications | Lisa.Decker@franciscanalliance.org