Franciscan Health Mooresville Expansion Project Making Progress
MOORESVILLE, Indiana - Franciscan Health Mooresville – Morgan County's only full-service hospital – continues to move forward with significant infrastructure improvements that will pave the way for future building plans, including a new medical office building.
"The project is progressing well and on schedule and we continue to make adjustments such as relocating parking areas for patients, visitors, staff and vendors," said Peter Murphy, chief operating office for Franciscan Health Mooresville. "While we know these changes are somewhat of an inconvenience, this work is a necessary investment for future expansion at our campus."
Effective Monday, September 16, and lasting through the end of October:
- Entry to the campus is only from Hadley Road.
- The Green Parking Lot will be fully accessible from Hadley Road. If that lot becomes full, signage will redirect traffic to the Women's Center Parking (Yellow Lot) or Main Parking (Red Lot).
- The parking area behind (east) the Professional Building will be closed in late September/early October.
- Employee parking will move to a temporary gravel lot west of the Women’s Center (late September/early October).
- Valet parking will be available for patients and physicians in the Green Parking Lot. The valet parking stand will be located on the circular drive at the Professional Center.
- The helipad will temporarily be relocated just east of the Medical Pavilion in the grassy hill area.
About The Expansion Project
Phase 1 of the project will modernize and improve several systems throughout the hospital campus at 1201 Hadley Road. The preliminary work, which involves entrenching, will make it possible to update the hospital's heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical systems, installing a new nurse call system and upgrading roofs, siding and sidewalks.
This phase began last June and is expected to be completed by December 2019. Tonn & Blank Construction is overseeing the work. Engineering firm IMEG and arcDESIGN Architects are also involved in the project.
Medical practices and services affected by the road and parking lot restrictions include:
- Franciscan Physician Network Access Center
- Franciscan Physician Network After-Hours Clinic
- Franciscan Physician Network Breast & Melanoma Specialists
- Franciscan Physician Network Diabetes & Endocrinology Specialists
- Franciscan Physician Network Rheumatology & Osteoporosis Specialists
- Franciscan Physician Network Pulmonary & Sleep Specialists
- Franciscan Physician Network Indy Southside Surgical
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Colon & Rectal Specialists
- Franciscan Physician Network Oncology & Hematology Specialists
- Franciscan Health Cancer Center
- Franciscan Health Endoscopy
- Franciscan Health Mammography
- Franciscan Health Sleep Lab and Durable Medical Equipment
- St. Francis Surgery Center
- Franciscan Health Family Birth Center
- Southside OB/GYN
- Indiana Kidney Specialists
- Urology of Indiana
- JWM Neurology
"After the infrastructure work is complete, the overall project will transition to Phase 2," Murphy said. "It will begin with the temporary relocation of medical practices in the Center for Women."
Demolition of the Women Center's lobby and construction of a new 50,000-square-foot medical office building will then commence. When complete in late 2020, the $17 million complex will house the Women's Center, medical practices and other additional services and programs.
"Our Mooresville hospital continues to address the growing healthcare needs of Morgan, Hendricks and southwestern Marion counties," Murphy said. "This initiative is geared to provide better access and improved services to the patients we are privileged to serve."
By Joe Stuteville
Media Relations Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org