Updated: April 7, 2020
OLYMPIA FIELDS, Illinois - With the continued spread of the novel COVID-19 coronavirus and flu season, no visitors will be permitted to Franciscan Health Olympia Fields as we enhance visitor restrictions and screenings.
All visitation will be suspended throughout Franciscan Health hospitals unless listed in the following exceptions for healthy visitors:
- A laboring woman will be allowed one visitor, a spouse or partner during labor and delivery. In addition, a labor coach will be allowed.
- A mother who is providing breastmilk to a NICU infant will be allowed to remain in the facility for the duration of the NICU stay for that purpose.
- For an Emergency Room patient, one visitor will be allowed only for patients that do not have actual or legal decisional capacity. Those include persons under 18, persons with dementia and persons whose condition precludes obtaining an accurate history or decision making.
- For surgical patients no visitors will be allowed except for patients that do not have actual or legal decisional capacity, who may have one visitor. Those include persons under 18, persons with dementia and persons whose condition precludes obtaining an accurate history or decision making.
- In non-COVID end-of-life situations a spouse, child or parent will be allowed to visit. One visitor will be allowed for the duration. A second visitor will be allowed on a rotating basis with no more than two visitors at a time. Visitors will be escorted into the room and out of the hospital. Franciscan Alliance Pastoral Care is part of the care team and is allowed to visit. External pastoral care are not considered part of the care team and are not permitted.
- In COVID end-of-life situations one visitor will be allowed to visit. The visitor must wear full PPE while in attendance. Franciscan Alliance Pastoral Care is part of the care team and is allowed to visit, wearing full PPE while in attendance. External pastoral care are not considered part of the care teamand are not permitted.
All visitors will be required to wear masks in order to protect others from asymptomatic carriers who might otherwise spread the virus.
Franciscan Health Olympia Fields (20201 South Crawford Avenue, Olympia Fields, Illinois)
- The following hospital entrances will remain open as points of access. All other entrances will be locked down.
- Main Entrance (West) for patients and visitors
- Emergency Department Entrance for Emergency Department patients only
- Visitors who pass the health screenings will receive and are required to wear a visitor sticker during their time in the hospital.
- Four valet attendants will be staffed at the Main Entrance (West). Valet parking is free.
This is a public health issue, and it is our intent to protect the health and safety of our patients, our visitors and our employees. In doing so, we can reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19, flu and other seasonal-related medical issues.
For updates on Franciscan's response to the coronavirus, visit FranciscanHealth.org/covid-19.