Franciscan Healthy Living Center in Lafayette Hosts 'Diabetes: Doing Better Together'
LAFAYTETTE, Indiana - The Franciscan Healthy Living Center will be launching "Diabetes: Doing Better Together" with the first meeting scheduled for Tuesday, February 14, 2017. The group will meet from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Franciscan Healthy Living Center. The center is located in the lower level of the Lafayette Heart Institute at 1116 North 16th Street in Lafayette on the campus of Franciscan Health Lafayette Central.
"Diabetes: Doing Better Together" will meet on the second Tuesday of each month. Each meeting is open to all patients, community members who have diabetes, family members and friends. Each meeting is free.
The February 14 meeting topic will be "Exercise for Healthy Hearts" – dance your way to new health and receive a free resistance band.
Additional topics for 2017 include:
- March 14: "Simple Meal Planning" – Working with the plate method.
- April 11: "What's the Latest?" – Come explore new medications and insulin devices to help manage diabetes.
- May 9: "Recipe Makeover" – Bring your favorite recipe and learn healthy recipe substitutions.
- June 13: "Stretching Your Dollars" – Learn resources available to help manage the cost of diabetes care.
- July 11: "Virtual Grocery Tour" – Come learn how to fill your grocery cart with healthy foods.
- Aug. 8: "Dining on a Dime" – Come explore recipes and tips to stretch your dollar.
- Sept. 12: "Why Didn't I Think of That? – Explore gizmos and gadgets that help make living with diabetes easier.
- Oct. 10: "Recharge Before the Holidays" – Explore ways to melt away stress during the holidays.
- Nov. 14: "Pinterest Party" – Learn healthy holiday cooking and create a homemade gift.
For more information, please call the Franciscan Healthy Living Center at (765) 428-5850.