Keto Breakfast Casserole for Christmas Morning
Our healthy spin on a Christmas classic is sure to be a favorite. The red and green bell peppers bring a pop of holiday color, while the turkey sausage and egg whites offer lower calories and fat than a typical egg casserole. You can use a 9x13 pan or two festive, molded pans like we used in the video below.
Whether you are hosting or visiting family, Christmas morning can be packed with busyness. This Christmas breakfast casserole can be prepped the night before and baked in the morning. Even better, it's friendly for family members on the keto diet or who are needing to eat gluten-free foods. (Check to make sure the sausage selected is gluten-free, however.)
- 12 egg whites
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degress Fahrenheit.
- Heat ground turkey sausage over stovetop until cooked.
- Dice onion. Add to turkey sausage, continue heating.
- Dice bell peppers.
- Add bell peppers to turkey and onions and mix, stir together.
- Spread turkey sausage mixture in bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Mix eggs together, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour eggs on top of turkey sausage mixture.
- Stick in fridge until ready to heat or cook immediately.
- Bake in 9x13 pan at 375 degrees farenheit for 45-50 min.
This Christmas breakfast casserole makes 12 servings. Each serving is about 145 calories.
If you make this recipe, we would love to know! Share your pics with us on social media! Tag us in your Instagram or Facebook post or story @MyFranciscan.
For more holiday recipes, videos and blogs, check out our Healthy Holidays page at franciscanhealth.org/healthyholidays.
By Erin Mullen