These 5 Halloween dinner ideas are easy enough for kids to cook and will fuel them up for an evening of "trick-or-treating."
Whether it's for a fall family evening, an early Halloween party with friends, or a fun way to fuel up for trick-or-treating, check out these healthy Halloween dinners that kids can help make.
- Mozzarella sticks
- Sliced black olives
- Spaghetti sauce
- Spinach tortellini
- Cut string mozzarella into pieces about 1/4" thick. Cut olives in half lengthwise. Use a straw or knife to cut a circle out of the center of the mozerella pieces. Place the olive pieces in the center of each to make eyeballs.
- Slice cucumbers and cut slices into quarters.
- Cook spinach tortellini (or other favorite pasta) and spaghetti sauce (try a garlicky sauce to stave off vampires!) according to package directions.
- To serve, toss tortellini with cucumbers; top with spaghetti sauce and "eyeballs."
- 2 slices whole-grain or other favorite bread
- Sliced cheese
- 1 tablespoon spreadable butter
- 8 stick pretzels
- Preheat skillet to medium heat. Melt butter in pan.
- Place cheese between two slices of bread. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Cut on cutting board (use a glass or biscuit cutter for a round shape). Stick pretzels in the edges to look like legs.
- 1 package cheese and spinach tortellini
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto (can use more if desired)
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- Sliced mozarella
- black olives, whole
- Boil water and cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain.
- Chop up cucumbers.
- Toss pasta with pesto sauce and cucumbers. Pour onto plate; shape into a face.
- Cut two slices of mozarella into circles using cookie cutter or glass. Use them to make the eyes.
- Use black olives for Frankenstein's mouth, nose and hair. Use remaining cucumber to make bolts on the sides of his neck.
This is great for a night on the run!
- Tortillas or English muffins
- Pizza sauce
- Sliced black olives
- Sliced Mozzarella cheese
- Spread pizza sauce on a tortilla or English muffin.
- Cut Mozzarella into then slices. Place on tortilla as a "mummy wrap."
- Use black olives for eyes and mouth.
- Microwave for 60 seconds or until melted.
Snakes and Soup
Another easy dinner kids can make!
- Tomato soup (either pre-made or your favorite recipe)
- A can crescent dough
- Sesame seeds, oregano or Parmesan cheese
- Prepare tomato soup according to package directions, or use your favorite recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Roll out the crescent dough onto cookie sheet.
- Slice into about 12 strips.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, oregano or grated Parmesan cheese.
- Roll each crescent slice into a snake shape.
- Bake about 12 minutes in the oven, or until browned.
- Serve with tomato soup.
More Ideas For Parents:
More Wellness Tips
By Robbie Schneider
Social Media Manager