Easy Ways to Start Eating Plant-Based Meals
Is it time for you to try the plant-based diet?
Just eating meatless once a week can reduce your risk of chronic preventable conditions like cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity; along with reducing your carbon footprint AND saving precious resources like fresh water and fossil fuel. Trying plant-based meals once or twice a week has many benefits!
Why Is Going Meatless Good for You?
Eating plant-based meals has a number of health benefits:
- Helps to increase your fruit and vegetable intake throughout the day.
- Helps reduce your carbon impact. Decreasing meat intake has been shown to slow pollution, and water usage.
- Going meatless is much cheaper! Plant-based proteins are much cheaper than fresh or frozen meat and poultry.
- Helps to reduce your intake of saturated fat, and helps to reduce inflammation in your diet.
What Meatless Protein Sources Are There?
Sources of protein for plant-based dinners include:
- Nuts and nut butters
What are Easy Plant-Based Meal Ideas?
Plant-based meals do not have to be difficult or take many ingredients. Easy meat-free meal ideas include:
- Veggie omelets with feta cheese, side of fresh fruit
- Pasta dishes (can use veggie meat crumbles to add to sauces, tacos and chilis!)
- Veggie Pizza with homemade or pre-made wheat crust
- Breakfast for dinner: buckwheat pancakes, whole grain waffles, etc.
For more recipes and info visit: www.meatlessmonday.com.