Ready for Rounding: New Family Medicine Residents Poised for Training
INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana – A new class of eight physicians has been selected for the Family Medicine Residency Program at Franciscan Health Indianapolis and will begin their training July 1.
These new physicians will join the Franciscan medical staff in July:
- Tyler Beach, DO, Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Aaron Blair, MD, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Jessica Fidler, DO, Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Matthew LeBaron, DO, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- Jarron Lincoln, DO, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Hira Naqvi, DO, Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Michael Padilla, DO, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
- Chelsea Ullmann, DO, Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine
The residency program lasts 36 months and launches the residents' careers in family medicine. They will practice out of the Franciscan Health Family Medicine Center in Indianapolis, and they will see a variety of patients across all age groups and income levels.
One of their more specific responsibilities will be providing care for expectant mothers and eventually delivering babies for the same patients at the Indianapolis hospital.
"The residency once again had an outstanding recruiting year with all of our new interns coming from the top of our National Match Program ranking list," said Richard Feldman, MD, director of the Franciscan Health Family Medicine Residency Program. "The trend in matching predominately osteopathic students continued this year with seven of the eight new interns graduating from osteopathic medical schools, four of which were from Marian University. With the much higher interest in family medicine among osteopathic students as compared to allopathic students, we can expect this trend to continue."
On July 1, Carrie Anderson, MD, will succeed Dr. Feldman, who has led the Family Medicine Residency Program since 1981.
Nearly 250 family medicine doctors have completed their residencies at Franciscan Health since the program began 44 years ago. Many of the residents choose to stay in Indiana after the program to establish their practices.
By Joe Stuteville
Media Relations Manager