For patients with blood clots or at risk for the formation of blood clots, regular anticoagulation monitoring, testing and treatment is often recommended. Franciscan Health offers advanced anticoagulation treatments and medications.
Search our physician directory for help finding a doctor who is right for you.
Specialized Anticoagulation Services to Treat and Prevent Blood Clots
If you have an existing blood clot or are at risk of developing one, your physician will likely refer you for anticoagulation treatments. At Franciscan Health, our anticoagulation teams work in close contact with your physician to provide special treatments and medications that assist patients.
Our clinical staff will help you test, monitor and manage your condition. You’ll receive the most advanced medical treatments from professionals who are compassionate and offer exceptional skills - a combination that truly sets us apart.
How do I know if I need anticoagulation therapy?
Anticoagulation may be prescribed by your physician if you are at risk for the formation of blood clots or have an existing blood clot. Some common indications for anticoagulation therapy:
- Irregular heart beat such as atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter
- Artificial heart valves
- Heart problems determined by your physician to need treatment
- Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the legs)
- Pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs)
Anticoagulation service benefits
A physician referral is required to begin anticoagulation treatments. Our pharmacists work closely with the patient and his or her physician during the course of drug therapy. This team approach can decrease the risk of side effects and improve patient outcomes. Benefits of anticoagulation services at Franciscan Health include:
- Fast results: Our outpatient laboratory tests use a fingerstick method so results are available within minutes.
- Careful monitoring: We review each patient’s drug therapy for potential drug interactions.
- Guided care: Each anticoagulation program is managed by a pharmacist under the guidance of the patient’s physician.
- Communication: Test results and a progress report of the patient’s condition are delivered to the physician following each visit.
- Control: Our experienced technicians provide comprehensive patient education and counseling regarding your anticoagulation therapy.