Franciscan Senior Health and Wellness
Franciscan Senior Health & Wellness is a complete healthcare solution for seniors who want to remain at home. Our Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) helps seniors to live as independently as possible.
Search our physician directory for help finding a doctor who is right for you.
Welcome to Franciscan Health
Franciscan Senior Health and Wellness
Keeping Seniors Healthy and Safe in the Comfort of Their Own Homes
Franciscan Senior Health & Wellness, a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), is a community-based healthcare program created for people 55 or older who are eligible for nursing-home level care but prefer to receive their care in their own familiar surroundings.
Our program delivers all the services needed to keep you healthy, safe and comfortable in the place you call home. Covered benefits include:
- Primary medical and nursing care
- Occupational, physical and speech therapy
- Medications and durable medical equipment
- Laboratory and diagnostic services
- All necessary prescription drugs
- Skilled home care and personal care aides
- Hospitalization, skilled nursing facility care
- Care from medical specialists in cardiology, nephrology, opthtalmology, dermatology, orthopedics, surgery, podiatry and more
- Medically necessary transportation
- Adult day care services and respite care
Our broad range of service providers, including doctors, nurses, pharmacists, therapists and personal care aides are readily accessible. Through these medical services, we can manage the care of your aging loved one, and help avoid the illnesses and hospitalizations that seniors often face.
In addition to addressing each participant's unique medical needs, Franciscan Senior Health & Wellness helps with the social, emotional and practical challenges that older adults often face. Through interactions with peers, stimulating activities and other supportive services, participants will enjoy a better quality of life.
Franciscan Senior Health & Wellness is a member of the National PACE Association (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly). The PACE model of care is centered around the belief that the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs, and their families, are better served in their own communities whenever possible.
Who may benefit from the Franciscan Senior Health & Wellness program?
A person 55 or older who is experiencing any of the following may benefit from our program:
- Fragmented medical care and supportive services
- Struggling to privately pay for all needed care
- Recent hospitalization due to illness or injury, resulting in decreased function
- Frequent falls
- A degenerative, long-term prognosis that the existing service delivery system has been unable to address
- Non-Medicaid covered needs that can be addressed by the PACE provider, whereby the end result prevents a nursing facility placement (e.g. occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy)
- Socially isolated or living alone with diagnosed dementia
- Missed medical appointments
- Involved in a day health program, but missing attendance days due to medical frailty or other circumstances
- Having difficulties with medication management
- Medically compromised with a diagnosed mental illness
- History of multiple emergency room visits, hospitalizations, or short term nursing home stays
- Requiring extensive time commitment by case manager to insure client health and safety
- Caregivers are struggling to keep up with care needs
Areas we serve
Franciscan Senior Health & Wellness provides services to older adults who live in all of Lake County, Indiana and in the following ZIP codes in Indianapolis, Beech Grove, Greenwood, Franklin and Johnson County: