Home Health Care
Franciscan Health offers caring, compassionate home health care to people of all ages. We are one of the largest accredited full-service home health care agencies in Indiana.
Skilled Home Healthcare for Optimal Recovery and Comfort
Franciscan Health offers superior, faith-based home healthcare to people recovering from a stroke or those experiencing chronic health problems. Our home healthcare providers offer a wide variety of healthcare services in the comfortable environment of your own home. Familiar surroundings of home often decrease anxiety and make it easier to get well. Home healthcare also provides more cost-effective alternatives to hospitalization.
Home healthcare is recommended for people:
- Having need of a skilled service such as nursing or rehabilitative services
- Requiring supervision in the administration of medication, such as injections and intravenous therapy
- Recovering from a stroke
- Requiring ostomy or catheter care
- Experiencing chronic health problems such as heart disease, cancer or diabetes
What makes home healthcare at Franciscan Health different?
- A focus on life care techniques to maximize long term wellness in your living environment
- Home to one of the largest accredited, licensed and full-service home health agencies in Indiana
- Consistently rated high in patient satisfaction
Home healthcare services coordinated by your physician
A physician-guided care plan is created to optimize your recovery and comfort. Your specific plan is monitored by highly professional and compassionate staff for your safety and effective progress. We offer a variety of services to meet your individual needs.
- Skilled nursing staff provides physical assessments and evaluations, wound care/dressing changes, catheter care, pain management, injections, infusion therapy, patient and family education related to medications, nutrition, illness and disease.
- Wound care Certified nursing staff provides treatment and management of acute and chronic wounds, including diabetic, vascular, pressure, stasis ulcers, surgical and traumatic wounds.
- Infusion nursing staff makes it possible for you to receive intravenous medications for a full range of medical conditions without the need for hospitalization or traveling to an outpatient facility. Our infusion therapy services include everything from hydration to chemotherapy to advanced IV therapies such as immunosuppressive drugs.
- Physical therapists can assist with rehabilitation, strengthening, endurance, transfers, bed mobility, gait training and balance training. Therapists also create and educate home care patients on exercise programs, medical equipment and safety.
- Occupational Therapists also assist with rehabilitation, strengthening and endurance, as well as help patients with coordination and self-care techniques for routine daily living. They may also at times recommend adapting the home environment to make life easier for the patient.
- Speech language pathologists assist patients with speech, hearing and swallowing difficulties, as well as help to improve patients’ thinking and memory capabilities.
- Social workers help patients and their families find community services. They also help sort through personal, family, work, financial and or emotional problems that may result from illness or disability.
- Certified home health aides can help patients with those daily living tasks such as bathing, light housekeeping and making meals.