Home Health Care
Skilled Home Health Care for Optimal Recovery and Comfort
Franciscan Health offers superior, faith-based home health care to people recovering from a stroke or those experiencing chronic health problems. Our home health care providers offer a wide variety of health care services in the comfortable environment of your own home. Familiar surroundings of home often decrease anxiety and make it easier to get well. Home health care also provides more cost-effective alternatives to hospitalization.
Home health care is recommended for people:
- Having need of a skilled service such as nursing or rehabilitative services
- Requiring supervision in the administration of medication, such as injections and intravenous therapy
- Recovering from a stroke
- Requiring ostomy or catheter care
- Experiencing chronic health problems such as heart disease, cancer or diabetes
What makes home health care at Franciscan Health different?
- A focus on life care techniques to maximize long term wellness in your living environment
- One of the largest accredited, licensed and full-service home health agencies (link to VNS program) in Indiana
- Consistently rated high in patient satisfaction
Our home health pharmacy can deliver medications, therapies and services in the comfort of your own home. Programs are coordinated with your physicians treatment plan.
During an emergency, every second counts. Delayed medical care can jeopardize your recovery. Our medical alert service is easy to use and designed to make help quickly available to those who live alone.
Franciscan Health skilled nursing facility physicians also called snificists visit long term care facilities on a regular basis to offer consistent care. Our snificists are focused on keeping residents of long term care facilities healthier.
Home health care services coordinated by your physician
A physician-guided care plan is created to optimize your recovery and comfort. Your specific plan is monitored by highly professional and compassionate staff for your safety and effective progress. We offer a variety of services to meet your individual needs.
- Skilled nursing staff provides physical assessments and evaluations, wound care/dressing changes, catheter care, pain management, injections, infusion therapy, patient and family education related to medications, nutrition, illness and disease.
- Wound care Certified nursing staff provides treatment and management of acute and chronic wounds, including diabetic, vascular, pressure, stasis ulcers, surgical and traumatic wounds.
- Infusion nursing staff makes it possible for you to receive intravenous medications for a full range of medical conditions without the need for hospitalization or traveling to an outpatient facility. Our infusion therapy services include everything from hydration to chemotherapy to advanced IV therapies such as immunosuppressive drugs.
- Physical therapists can assist with rehabilitation, strengthening, endurance, transfers, bed mobility, gait training and balance training. Therapists also create and educate home care patients on exercise programs, medical equipment and safety.
- Occupational Therapists also assist with rehabilitation, strengthening and endurance, as well as help patients with coordination and self-care techniques for routine daily living. They may also at times recommend adapting the home environment to make life easier for the patient.
- Speech language pathologists assist patients with speech, hearing and swallowing difficulties, as well as help to improve patients’ thinking and memory capabilities.
- Social workers help patients and their families find community services. They also help sort through personal, family, work, financial and or emotional problems that may result from illness or disability.
- Certified home health aides can help patients with those daily living tasks such as bathing, light housekeeping and making meals.