Medical Weight Loss
If you have 20 pounds or more to lose, you might benefit from a customized medical weight loss program. The bariatric physicians of Franciscan Health provide medically safe, proven options to lose weight in a healthy way.
Medical Weight Loss
Lose Weight Safely with Franciscan Health Medical Weight Loss Programs
There is no one way to lose weight. If you have 20 pounds or more to lose, Franciscan Health can help with a customized medical weight loss program to meet your individual needs.
Customized medical weight loss treatment plans
Our bariatric physicians conduct a full medical evaluation of each patient. Based on evaluation results, our physicians and staff create an individualized treatment plan.
Weight loss plans can include:
- Working with a registered dietitian to set goals for healthy eating. These may include an individualized meal plan, monitoring your own eating habits and ongoing dietary counseling.
- Meeting regularly with a behavioral counselor to help you transition to a healthier lifestyle.
- Supplementing exercise and healthy eating habits with prescribed medication.
Individual or group weight loss program: Which is right for you?
How do you know if an individual or group weight loss program is right for you? Start by answering these simple questions:
- Are you confident in your ability to follow a weight loss program?
- Are you comfortable interacting in a group?
- Do you desire support from others losing weight?
- Do you prefer structured sessions with clear objectives?
- Are you willing to discuss your personal progress in front of others?
If you answered “yes” to most questions, you may be able to succeed in a group program. If you answered “no” to most questions, you may do better working individually. If you would like personal assistance in losing weight, we provide medical weight loss programs designed by board-certified bariatric physicians.