Fall is a great time to harvest a new routine to re-energize your workout. Here are seven ways to help boost your fall fitness routine.
- Enjoy the foliage. Visit area trails for a hike or bike ride.
- Have family fun. Have a family outing to pick apples or pumpkins, or play a family game of football. Get more tips to make family fitness fun.
- Layer up. Wear layers, including hats and gloves, to hang on to your body's heat as the temperatures cool down.
- Be safe. Wear reflective workout clothes and carry a flashlight when exercising early in the day or late at night. Use designated paths or head to the local track.
- Take a cue from the kids. Now's the time to try a new activity. Scour daily deal sites for introductory discounts.
- Workout at home. Dust off your old fitness DVDs or find an online video.
- Freeze that gym membership. If you’d rather spend your time outdoors, consider freezing your gym membership until you're ready to return.
Download Our Infographic