Franciscan Health Announces Spring 2019 Recipient Of Healing Hands Award In Western Indiana
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Franciscan Health has recently announced the recipient for the Spring 2019 Healing Hands Award in Western Indiana.
Robert Hagen, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with Lafayette Orthopedic Clinic of Unity Healthcare is the Spring 2019 recipient of the Franciscan Health Healing Hands Award.
Franciscan Health is blessed to have many wonderful physicians. The Healing Hands Award is presented twice a year to physicians on the Franciscan Health medical staff in Franciscan Health's Central and Western divisons. Physician nominees should exemplify our Franciscan values (Respect for Life, Fidelity to our Mission, Compassionate Concern, Joyful Service and Christian Stewardship).
Dr. Hagen's nomination commented: "Dr. Hagen is an outstanding surgeon and a pillar in our community. In addition to being a terrific physician, Dr. Hagen is also an active community volunteer through his involvement in a number of philanthropic activities. One recent example is Dr. Hagen serving as the chair for the 2017 United Way fundraising campaign in Tippecanoe County."
Dr. Hagen received his medical degree from the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida. He completed his residency from the University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri. Dr. Hagen has provided care and services in the Lafayette community since 1987.
Previous recipients include:
- Fall 2016: Scott Douglas, MD, Franciscan Physician Network Crawfordsville Family Medicine
- Spring 2016: Michael Bohlin, MD, a hospitalist with Envision Physician Services
- Spring 2017: Barry Mathison, MD, Franciscan Physician Network Eastside Family Medicine
- Fall 2017: Andy Alaimo, DO, an emergency department physician with Envision Physician Services; and Marianne Nelson, MD, a family medicine physician with Franciscan Physician Network Rensselaer Medical Center
- Spring 2018: Dan Marino, MD, an emergency department physician with Envision Physician Services; and Jerry Jefson, MD, a general surgeon with Lafayette Surgical Clinic, a Unity Healthcare partner.
- Fall 2018: Salim Abou Jaoude, MD, a pulmonologist with Franciscan Physician Network; Keith March, MD, an urgent care physician with Franciscan Physician Network; and Joel Parker, MD, an emergency department physician with Envision Physician Services
To nominate a physician, please visit FranciscanHealth.org/HealingHands or pick up a form at a hospital.