Making Your Patient Stay as Comfortable as Possible
We want you to have a positive, healing experience with Franciscan Health. This information will help you prepare for your stay and make it as peaceful as possible.
Before your stay
Should you become too ill to communicate your decisions regarding medical treatment, it's important that your family know your options and wishes. It is worth taking time before your hospital stay to make these decisions concerning your future medical treatment.
You will need to have your insurance information as well as any required precertifications before starting the admissions process. Before your scheduled hospital visit, read this section to understand your financial responsibilities and ensure your insurance plan is accepted at Franciscan Health.
While you are a patient, you may receive medications to treat your illness or injury. We strongly recommend that you bring to the hospital a list of medications you are currently taking. This helps improve communication between health care professionals, family and patients as well as your safety.
During your admission, we will explain billing and insurance issues and ask you to sign related forms. You will be issued an identification bracelet which should be worn at all times during your stay, because it enables our healthcare team to quickly and positively identify you. Your bracelet will be checked when medication is administered, lab work is drawn or a procedure is performed.
What to bring to the hospital
- Insurance documentation
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- Slippers, robe, pajamas or other comfortable clothes - a hospital gown is provided
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, shaving products, feminine hygiene products, shampoo and soap
- A minimal amount of cosmetics and additional toiletries, unless physician or staff have additional requirements
- Things to do while resting - a book, crossword puzzles, etc.
- Do NOT bring any valuables or jewelry